Movie sequel FAQ
(Come on, no one will admit they were excited to see Cody Banks 2!) Well, I thought in the festive spirit of the Movies-themed Feature Section, I will give you whatever interesting sequel facts I can find. I'm sure they will entertain you until you can be entertained no more.
1. Some sequels in production or coming out to theaters include Superman V, Batman Begins, Shrek III, Shrek IV, Terminator 4, Jurassic Park IV, Pirates of the Caribbean II, Fast and the Furious III, Blair Witch Project III, Blade III, Scary Movie IV, Alien V, Indiana Jones IV, Gladiator II, The Goonies II, The Grudge II, Hellboy II, Independence Day II, Meet the Fockers, Ocean's 12, Old School II, James Bond XXI, Shark Tale II, Seven II, Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?
2. The first sequel to win the Academy Award for Best Picture was The Godfather Part II. The only other sequel to win Best Picture was last year's Return of the King.
3. The first sequel ever made was 1916's Fall of a Nation. (Sequel to Birth of a Nation)
4. The sequel to get the most money in the world is Return of the King (Ranking as the second biggest money maker of all time and followed by five more sequels)
5. The sequel that earned the most money in the United States of America is Shrek 2.
6. There's an interesting sequel to Forrest Gump called Gump and Co. that has never been made into a movie. Maybe the movie industry isn't as pathetic as I make it out to be.
7. The 1969 Japanese movie It's Tough to Be a Man spawned 48 sequels, making it the record holder for most sequels ever.
8. The worst movie sequel in my eyes is 'Revenge of the nerds 3'
9. There is no such thing as a good Disney animated movie sequel (or Kourosism said... Toy Story 2- but to my view - It is more a Pixar movie that a pure Disney...)
10. Some sequels were made into movies before the original story was made into a movie. They include Silence of the Lambs, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
11. The best sequel ever made is Terminator 2, Judgment Day. No question or argument.
Receive post updates by Email